My list of 10 things to do instead of sit on the couch:
1. Go hiking. Day hikes are an awesome way to explore a new area, or just get outside and stretch your legs.
2. Explore the local farmers market. Grab your re-usable bag and head to your local farmers market, then cook a delicious meal with what you've found.
3. Check out local lunch specials. Going out to dinner can get expensive, but lunch specials are a great way to try nice restaurants in the area and still stick to your budget. Bonus points for walking around town before or after lunch.
4. Rent kayaks at the lake. There's a lake not too far from my place that rents kayaks, which sounds like a great way to get some sun and exercise!
5. Go to the mall. Whether you're just window shopping or real shopping, the mall is a great place to go, especially on rainy days! Chris and I are both bad at shopping, so using shopping as a motivation to get out of the house might actually mean I replace the pair of jeans that I cut off into shorts this summer!
6. Pick pumpkins or apples. Picking apples is a great way to get outside, explore, and get great apples out of the day! It's a super cute date idea, and who doesn't love the idea of taking a hayride?
7. Volunteer. Depending on the organization, some places love extra help (think Habitat for Humanity). While this may require a little more planning ahead, volunteering is a great way to spend your time!
8. Start a DIY project. There's always another project to try, so instead of sitting down to pin more, try crossing one off the to do list. Update from Chris: Finish a DIY project. I'm pretty good at starting projects, but sometimes I have a hard time finishing them.... So there's that.
9. Visit a museum. While the local museum may be a little more crowded on the weekend, learning something new beats cabin fever.
10. Just go for a walk. Starting the morning out with a walk instead of bee-lining for the couch may be all it takes to feel like you've had a more productive day. Walking to a coffee shop or to the grocery store helps you stretch your legs, and gets you some fresh air! After that, you may feel more inclined to keep moving (or maybe you've earned some couch time!)