So, now that we've been live for a little bit over a month, Chels and I decided to better introduce ourselves. We've shared a little bit in our about page, but we figured it's time to give y'all a better look at the two of us! (Plus, we reference our personal lives quite a bit in our posts, so I'm sure you've made guesses as to what we're like.) This was sort of my idea, so this fine Monday morning you'll here from me, and next Monday, you'll get to know Chelsea! (I'm awful at these things, so bear with me. )
A Little Bit About Me!
In June, I moved to Athens, GA for a position at Terrapin Beer Co. as their Merchandise Specialist, and am learning a lot about brewing, the beer industry, and craft beer. My boyfriend, Chris, also lives in Athens, and is working on getting his PhD. I'm currently trying to convince him that I need a dog. Apparently almost three years of dating means that "I" actually means "we," so it's been a bit more difficult than I originally expected. (The blog post "How to Successfully Convince your Boyfriend to Get a Dog" isn't going to happen as soon as I had hoped...) Until then, I'll continue to work on my serious case of dog envy.
To give you a little more insight into my personality I decided to make my "Top Ten" - warning: it's random.
My Top Ten
- Coffee. Always. (I've been "addicted" since the end of my senior year of high school. That's over 4 years now.) My Starbucks order is a little embarrassing: Venti Iced Coffee, Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup, Soy Milk, and Light Ice. (Chris has that order down. Be impressed-- I am.)
- Country Music. Let's be honest, there's something bout a truck.
- Dogs. I love dogs. All dogs, all shapes and sizes. I'm a sucker for puppies. Just ask the boyfriend. If anyone needs a dog sitter/walker, I'm your girl.
- Clive Cussler Novels. I've read every single one. Sure, he's no Faulkner, but I'm a sucker for Dirk Pitt. However, I am not a fan of the movie version of Sahara. Don't get me started.
- Mystery Novels in General. I'm almost done reading The Cuckoo's Calling. It's pretty good, but really, I'll pick up just about anything that involves a detective.
- Crafts. I love projects. I've loved projects since I was a kid! I can knit, sew, crochet, cross-stitch, embroider, paint, and quilt. Not kidding at all. 6.5. Pinterest. I LOOOOVVVEEE Pinterest.
- Beer + Wine. I don't mean that in a "lets all get hammered" kind of way. I've started learning a lot more about beer since I started at Terrapin, but I also like trying new wines as well. Some day, I could totally work at a winery.
- Working Out. Sure, sometimes I find myself in a rut and haven't worked out in a few weeks. But I still love the feeling of a good work out! I'm currently looking for something to train for, so that I have a little more motivation!
- Ad Agencies. They're so creative (at least the good ones are). Some day, I'd love to work for one! Until then, I'll focus on finding freelance clients.
- Coffee. Just kidding. Sort of. Blogging. This has been an awesome month and a half (or so, I honestly can't remember exactly when we started planning). I love Life, Love and Coffee Stains, and am excited to see how much we can grow!