But now, it's finally fall, and I love pumpkin food. Last year, Chris and I started a pumpkin challenge. It was simple: see who can eat the most pumpkin things. We pretty much ate everything together anyway, so the challenge wasn't really a challenge, but the name has stuck. This year, it's our goal to see just how many pumpkin things we can eat. I think last year's number was between 10 and 12, but this year I'm shooting for 20. I believe in us. I've started a list of pumpkin things to try/ make at home for the season, and you're all invited to join me and Chris in our challenge. If you have anything that isn't on this list, please let me know -- because there's always more love for pumpkin!
Pumpkin things to try**, plus Leah's commentary:
- Pumpkin Spice Latte. Duh.
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Muffins (preferably with cream cheese frosting)
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie (another "Duh" here)
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream (this is why I love Baskin Robins)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake -- It's one of my favorites. Ever.
- Pumpkin Beer - shameless plug, Terrapin's PumpkinFest is awesome.
- Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Ravioli (Chris makes some mean pumpkin ravioli, and I'm the luckiest girl in the world)
- Pumpkin Butter... on anything really.
- Last but not least: Pumpkin Pie Vodka. This is a thing, and I've never had it, but am really curious to try it. Obviously I'll use it to make a delicious mixed drink, so if you know if any drinks that use it, let me know!
- Cinnabon Pumpkin Cinnamon rolls. See twitter for details!
- Cinnabon Pumpkin Pie Chillatta
- Pumpkin Martini - Thanks mom!!
** At least one of these things should and will be consumed while watching The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
Happy Pumpkin Eating! Let me know in the comments if you have more to add to the list! (I'll be making the list bold as I consume them, so check back to see where I'm at!)