- Whole Wheat Pitas
- Refried beans (honestly, I just buy whatever is on sale)
- Ground Beef or Chicken (pre-cooked)
- Shredded Cheddar + Mozzarella Cheeses
-Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit
-Place pita(s) on a baking dish. No need to use PAM or any kind of non-stick spray!
- Spread refried beans on the pita (kind of like sauce!)
- Add ground beef or chicken (I happened to have leftover taco meat, so it was already seasoned. I highly recommend trying to make it that way. If that's not an option, you can also sprinkle taco seasoning over the pizza at this point!
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over meat
- Add salsa and lettuce* to the top of the pizza *Chop the lettuce while the pizza is cooking to save time!
- Let cool, then serve!
P.s. apologies on the quality of some of these photos... I was hungry haha
Check out our awesome collection of yummy dinner (or lunch) recipes from all over the web on our Pinterest Board: Dinner Bell