Every year at Thanksgiving dinner, my mom asks us to go around the table and name one thing that we are thankful for. The answers rarely vary: a loving family; supportive friends; a safe, warm home; this delicous food; experiences and opportunities, etc. Now I don't want to knock (or mock) holiday tradition and yes, I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have each and every one of those things, BUT, this year I decided to compile a list of some real life things I have been #thankful for this month that maaayyybee aren't dinner table appropriate: Here goes:
- I am thankful...for every time my dad buys me cat litter because he knows how expensive Petsmart trips can be!
- I am thankful...for professors who let us have class over beers. Grad school can be awesome sometimes.
- I am thankful...for friends (read: Leah) to talk me down off a cliff after I found out my little sister is moving in with her boyfriend in January.
- I am thankful...that I have been home each and every time that Peek has (successfully) tried to lock Willow in the shower.
- I am thankful...for days when yoga pants are a 100% acceptable clothing choice.
- I am thankful...for roots that sorta kinda look like an extension of my ombre dye job because a trip to the hair salon just isn't in the budget.
- I am thankful...that EJ is totally happy to spend the evening watching Netflix on my computer with a beer. I think I found the perfect boy.
- I am thankful...for each time I catch a green light and get to avoid the longest stoplight ever at the intersection by my house.
- I am thankful...for my Starbucks gold card and the glorious moment when my free drink arrives right after writing my rent check.
What are you thankful for this year? Comment below and let us know!