Schedule in "Procrastination Time"
Make Procrastination Work for You
Ways to Turn Procrastination into Productivity
- Read a blog post. Trying to build your blog following? Read a few articles on ways to grow your audience. Not a blogger? Read a blog about how to avoid work burn out, or how to save more money (thanks GenTwenty!) Make sure you pin it for future reference!
- Spend 15 minutes on Pinterest. Pinterest can be a tricky social media site, since pinning is pretty hands on, and pinning relevant content is the best way to gain followers. Spend 15 minutes a day pinning for specific boards, so that you can draw attention to the board.
- Jot down ideas for something you've been meaning to work on. Whether it's for a hobby, a work project, or even outlining an essay, sometimes just writing down all of your ideas, no matter how ridiculous, can distract from what you're currently procrastinating on.
- Update your planner. Cross things off of your to do list, add things that you'll need to get done, and see where you're at with your short term and long term goals!
- Research a new venture. Whether its an online class, a new hobby, or even a blog, spend time checking in on resources that you may need. You'll appreciate having some of your legwork done when you sit down for a real work session.
How do you avoid procrastination, or turn it into something productive?