I *The Easter Bunny* had a grand plan to get all of my shopping done by Monday, put together the baskets sometime during the week while Chris was working on lab work, and then BAM put them out Sunday morning and act like it was a breeze to get together.
And then the week actually started. As you can tell, the whole week got away from me (we usually post our third article on Thursdays.... it's definitely not Thursday). So instead, last night I threw together a list of last minute ideas for Chris, Gus and I's easter baskets, and will be shopping before work (as soon as this article is posted!)* All of these items can be found at your local grocery store. I'll be heading to Kroger.
*Chris, if you're reading this: Stop it now.
- Plastic Eggs
Gifts For Humans
- Gift Cards - You can now buy gift cards for most larger stores at your local grocery store (which is awesome). Gift cards a great easter basket item, since you can usually find an egg to fit them in, but they don't take up too much space!
- Coffee - who doesn't love coffee? It's totally an excuse to spring for some special coffee that you've been meaning to try, or just get someone's favorite. (I'm cheating on the "grocery store only" on this one - I got some coffee from our local coffee roaster Jittery Joe's)
- Make-up/ Nail Polish - this one is obviously for the ladies, but a great excuse to get a new nail polish color or try a new brand of mascara.
- Protein Bars - this one seems a little silly, but Chris and I decided to get healthier, so I'm subbing in SOME of the candy for healthier snacks.
Gifts for Pets
- Treats - obviously, it's the animal version of candy.
- Toys - as if I needed an excuse to buy Gus more toys. However, he's done some damage to the ones we've gotten him as a puppy, so a few of them could use replacing. Thank goodness grocery stores have started carrying dog toys!
- Replacement items - Gus is getting poop bag refills (shhh don't tell him). Really, he'll be focused on the toys and treats, so I got these for Chris and myself, but they're not going in our Easter baskets!
What's the Easter bunny putting in all putting in your easter baskets?! Any suggestions for an Easter Bunny in a rush?