Sure having to share Friday cupcakes with all of the other summer birthdays was a bummer when we were 7, but in the adult world, we are actually beginning to realize just how awesome summer birthdays can be.
You get a boost to your bank account during the summer for your birthday and then again halfway through the year for Christmas.
Beers at a BBQ are so much cheaper than an expensive night at the club or fancy restaurant.
No one expects you to wear heels to your pool party.
For the summer birthday in your life (or let's be serious, for Chris and EJ if they're needing any help) Leah and I tag teamed a gift guide for ya. Sunblock not included.
- Yoga Sling 2 by Sanuk – Summer for me means outdoor yoga. These cute sandals are perfect for a trip outside with my mat or just to bum around town.
- Ashley Brooke Designs “Ice Ice Baby” Tumbler – Not all of our memories of the 90’s are tainted by party RSVP’s explaining that your best friend was at the beach the week of your birthday party. Bonus if you include a gift card to a local coffee shop.
- A Weekend Away - My personal favorite (and EJ's go to)...hop on Airbnb, Homeaway, or VRBO and start planning. You don't have to go far (think driving distance), and by renting a condo or apartment you can save money by cooking most meals. Plan one or two activities and viola! Happy birthday.
- A New Bed Spread - I just found this one from Pottery Barn that I think I might be able to get away with (I've been trying to find something that's not too "girly" for the bed). Or maybe all I really want for my birthday is to be allowed to pick the bedspread... the world may never know. But really, home decor in general is a great present!
- Fitbit Charge - I'm really trying to get back in shape, and am loving my Fitbit. However, it would be nice to have a watch on my wrist as well! I can't even count the number of times someone has referenced the time and I've checked my wrist assuming that I had a watch on. (It's actually quite amusing!) I do love that my current Fitbit has the option to change colors, but it'd totally be worth it. Plus it's summer, so I'm more excited about getting outside to work out!
- The Mo'orea Necklace from Chloe + Isabel - Sure, I'm a merchandiser for them so I COULD get it for less than retail, BUT even I can't justify spending $100 on a necklace right now. Especially not while we're moving in July and I'm trying to start an investment account. But it would be a nice gift - *cough* Chris *cough*
- Chelsea and Leah