Leading up to your work weekend:
- Check things off your to do list. Do you usually do laundry on Saturdays? Find a time to squeeze laundry in to another day of the week. Getting your usual weekend tasks checked off in advance will help you feel less stressed about missing that time during the weekend.
- Get prepared for work. For me, weekend work usually means festivals and events, and being prepared in advance for the event helps keep stress levels lower, and makes me feel better about the weekend.
- Plan a small reward. Help keep yourself motivated by planning a fun little treat for yourself after you make it through your marathon.
During your work weekend:
After you've made it:
- Relax! Whether it's taking a day off work, or just sitting in a bubble bath for an hour, take a break and pat yourself on the back.
- Reflect on the experience. Make a note of what went well and what didn't, especially if it's an event or experience that will definitely happen again. Not only can you learn from your mistakes, but you can also be proud of what you did correctly, and how awesome you are!
- Reward yourself. While this sort of goes along with "Relax" - it's important to note. Make sure you follow through on the "carrot" you dangled in front of yourself at the beginning of the week/weekend - otherwise, what's the point?
How do you gear up for a long, stressful work weekend? Any more tips?